Sunday, September 21, 2014

Trying to Ditch the Soda Habit?

It takes gradual change to adopt new eating habits. I'm not espousing switching your fast food and pizza diet to a whole food diet overnight. If you gradually incorporate new foods and healthier options into your daily routine then you will slowly become a healthier you and I also believe your tastes will change and you will crave junk less. And my outlook is, a little is better than nothing.

A daily soda habit is one of the worst things you can do for your health, whether it's diet soda or not. I'm not going to go into all the boring detail about why all that sugar is bad for you (though you can read about it here), I'm just going to give you this pretty, tasty and nutritious alternative. If you can cut back on some soda you'll be doing yourself a big favor.

p.s. I recently read an article by a doctor saying that one of his patients lost 75 lbs in 1 year just by cutting out soda from her diet.


Sparkly Berry soda
Fill a tall glass with ice. Drop in a couple of frozen berries*. Fill with club soda or seltzer.
When you finish the soda eat the berries. :)

*I always have some organic frozen berries on hand in my freezer. They come in awful handy for smoothies, but also if you get a dessert craving you can defrost a bowl, drizzle it with raw honey or maple syrup and top with granola or some other crunchy stuff. Or pour it over plain Greek yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment