Saturday, May 11, 2013

Chill out with Mocha Almond Iced coffee

I guess I'm a thrifty person. I am totally of the reuse, recycle frame of mind and I like things to be used to their fullest extent. So I sometimes freeze my leftover coffee in ice cube trays. 

I am a highly caffeinated person. I love good coffee and I like it strong. I also live in Florida and work evenings at a restaurant, so iced coffee in the afternoon makes perfect sense.

Find a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake up a few coffee ice cubes with your leftover-in-the-pot coffee and a scoop of some good hot cocoa mix (I have Ghirardelli premium hot cocoa) or some chocolate syrup. Then add cold almond milk and shake again for a nice foamy drink. Pour over ice into a tall glass. Mmmm.

BTW, I am a big fan of Starbucks mocha java ice cream. This drink will satisfy a craving for that with a whole lot less fat and calories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment