Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Chicken and Avocado tacos

Here's another meal you can used your leftover grilled chicken in. 



Chicken and Avocado tacos








This is simple stuff. Sliced chicken breast, sliced avocado and a chunky Pico de Gallo style salad on sprouted corn tortillas.

I actually premeditated making these and bought the tortillas at the health food store a couple days ago. I wanted corn tortillas and I didn't want to eat ones made from GMO crops.
I give these Food for Life sprouted corn tortillas  five stars. They were hearty and chewy without being too tough and had great rustic corn flavor. I wanted them grilled and had a small cast iron skillet so heated them up in that, but if it had been during the day I would have thrown them on the gas grill outside.

But first I made this salsa/salad with some grape tomatoes, a slice of diced red onion, 1 diced fresh jalapeno pepper, a handful of fresh cilantro, chopped and the juice of one lime.* And a pinch of kosher salt. I didn't measure anything- just add ingredient quotients to your personal taste.

*kitchen tip: cut the lime in half and squeeze it between the crotch end of a pair of kitchen tongs.























2 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa

    I found your blog because I was searching for more recipes to make with the Food For Life Sprouted Corn Tortillas. I try to use them several times a week usually for breakfast because they go so well with eggs. Today for lunch I made something similar to your Chicken and Avocado tacos but using leftover roasted turkey breast from dinner last night. I bookmarked your blog! Looking forward to reading.

    K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found my blog, so excited about my first comment! :D
    I am planning on using some sliced leftover steak and pepper and onions for some quesadilla style tacos for the rest of those tortillas.

    ReplyDelete